Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm trying to uninstall FC6. I deleted the Linux partitions and then rebooted with the windows cd, went into repair, and typed in "fixmbr." When I rebooted, the grub booter ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Messed Up When uninstalling

I'm trying to uninstall FC6. I deleted the Linux partitions and then rebooted with the windows cd, went into repair, and typed in "fixmbr." When I rebooted, the grub booter was still there, but not fully working. I got windows to boot using this code:
    Code:
    grub> rootnoverify (hd0,0)
    grub> makeactive
    grub> chainloader +1
    grub> boot
    I dont really want to do this everytime, so does anyone know why "fixmbr" didnt work or what to do instead?

execute 'fixboot' command after 'fixmbr'. in case, it doesn't work, download Windows 98 Bootable Floppy from www.bootdisk.com, boot from it and execute
    Code:
    A:\> fdisk /mbr

Casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Thanks tons. It worked. I hate to go back to windows, but I've been forced to. I guess I just use too many programs that only run on windows...

Linux has an alternative of almost every Windows based software. check this Windows Alternate Packages in Linux.

Casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First