Find the answer to your Linux question:
I haven't even installed Fedora yet but my friend who is giving my the install disks for Fedora is also giving me all the updates as well. Of couse, he ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing the updates to Fedora (Fedora Core 1)

I haven't even installed Fedora yet but my friend who is giving my the install disks for Fedora is also giving me all the updates as well. Of couse, he is just going to have them on a disk, burned in the same directories as he found them on the FTP server he downloaded the updates from.

Seeing how I am a newbie to Linux and the other distro I've played with was Slackware 9.1, I have no idea how to install these updates.

If someone can aid me with this little problem, I would appeciate it. The reason I am asking now, is so that when I do get Fedora installed, I can go ahead and install the updates too.

hopefully, the updates will be in the form of rpm files. These are Redhat Package Manager (RPM) packages that Fedora uses to install packages.

If so, you can double click on them (from your favourite file manager) and have the RPM program load them for you (you'll need to have the root password to do this).

have fun

Nerderello

Use Suse 10.1 and occasionally play with Kubuntu
    Also have Windows 98SE and BeOS