Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have been tryin for bout an hour now to install my Linux disc.when loading it reads loading stage 2.the cdrom runs for a bit then it stops but screen ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installation issues!

I have been tryin for bout an hour now to install my Linux disc.when loading it reads loading stage 2.the cdrom runs for a bit then it stops but screen keeps reading loading?wat do I do?I have xp pro on it now and I do not want to run both systems.I want to run Linux instaed of Windows.am I doin everything right or do I need to do something else?everything Ive been reading so far is only about people running both systems.I do not want to do that.Can someone please help me!1

Just Joined!
    Details.

You looking to dual boot a Linux distribution and XP?

Just Joined!

installation issues

no just to install Linux freespire instead of xp pro.I have xp pro on it now and want to replace it wit Linux freespire.have the Linux disc.but cdrom while loadin stage 2 acts like the rom stops running?Is it suppose to do tha ?should I just let it go til it finishes?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Never tied freespire.

Only others (RH, SUsE, Fedora, Mandrake, Knopix, bla bla bla)

If it doesn't install, try reinstall. Does it freeze at the same point? Bad disk or drive. Reburn ISO, replace CD drive, etc.

Every flaky install issue has been old hardware related. Swap stuff and install if necessary.

Just Joined!

freespire

well I dont have a burner just a rom.the disc reads it as Linspire?when I install it.after a few moments the disc sounds like it stops turnin but the screen keeps reading as loding stage 2?

Just Joined!
    Arrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Silly post, but give the disk a few horizontal wipes across your knee,...not circular. Try again.

95%+, hardware or disk.

Just my $.02.