Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've been trying to set up a dual boot system with windows vista and ubuntu 6.10. Each time i install ubuntu, i reset the system and when given the choice, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

dual boot won't read ubuntu

I've been trying to set up a dual boot system with windows vista and ubuntu 6.10. Each time i install ubuntu, i reset the system and when given the choice, it only allows me to load vista. If I click on either of the Ubuntu options (ubuntu or ubuntu safe) I get an error saying that the selected os cannot be loaded. I've even gone as far as wiping all my partitions, re-installed vista, and then re-installed ubuntu and I am getting the same error. Other distro's are working fine for me as a dual boot, but I really want ubuntu.

which boot loader are you using? Vista or GRUB?
    boot up from Ubuntu LiveCD and post the contents of Ubuntu's /boot/grub/menu.lst file and output of 'sudo fdisk -l' command.

Casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

I deleted the ubuntu partition and reinstalled it on my second hard drive and now it works fine. thanks for the help

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close