Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am quite new to linux but I have had some time trying out diffrent linux distros to find out witch distro is best for me. The problem first started ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Unhappy NEED help with live cd boot

I am quite new to linux but I have had some time trying out diffrent linux distros to
    find out witch distro is best for me. The problem first started when I wanted ubuntu
    for my desktop , So I downloaded the live cd iso and burned to cd-rw disc and booted
    off of it. I booted with normal settings and waited for the live cd to take me to the desktop
    after the status bar finnished my lcd monitor refreshed for the normal desktop
    but all I got was a screen with green horzontal bars untill
    the screen changed to weird blocks that flickered. I could hear the login music but that's it. This problem has been the same for Fedora , Mandriva , Vector , PCLinuxOS , kubuntu and ubuntu how ever no problems for suse 10.1 , Mepis , freespire , KNOPPIX.
    My video card is a 6800xt e-GEforce nvidia card my mobo is a asus a8n-e with a stick of 512 ram.

It would be great if some one would guide me through a the installation of Kubuntu
    so This VERY annoying problem will go away but I want to know what to do if this
    problem ever happens again so I can fix it !

Thanks for any help !!!!!

Cool live cd problem

Once I learn how to fix this problem I will be installing fc6 as my
    Gnome desktop and Mepis 6.0-4 as my KDE desktop and
    I will still have windows as my last resort os.

your Graphics Card is creating problems. Installer couldn't configure it properly. install Fedora Core or any other distro in Text Mode and configure GUI later on.

Casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Question text install

I just have one small question ... In ubuntu how do I install in text mode? , I dont see it on the list of options to boot from .

Thanks again

Ubuntu Desktop CD doesn't have 'text install' option. use Ubuntu Alternate CD.

Casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First