Find the answer to your Linux question:
ello all, im trying to install the open source version of linux red hat 9. everything goes fine until it asks for the iso files. ive tried them burnt to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wont detect iso files

ello all,
    im trying to install the open source version of linux red hat 9. everything goes fine until it asks for the iso files. ive tried them burnt to cd's ive tried them on all hard drives, ive tried about as much as i can think of...Minus mimic my avatar

why isnt it working n how do i fix?

Just Joined!
    ok i found out on the irc that i need to make the iso files into many files. unfortunitly the reason i want to switch to a diffrent os is that xp is so unstable i cant burn ne thing. is there a way to do the same thing without nero or using a cd burner?

Linux Engineer
    if u have a fat32 formatted drive u can put the iso's onto it and use them i think, but u realyl shoudl burn them, it makes life much easier

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    what format would work? fat?

Linux Engineer
    fat should work. ntfs wont as redhat doesnt ship with an ntfs driver so unless u have one on disk u cant read ntfs partitions until u finish isntallign and download a driver

Just Joined!
    ok i couldnt get my xp to format a drive as fat so i got the cd's burnt...only took 2 weeks but i did it.

i burnt the images (not the iso files but in a way that makes all those files) on to cd-rw's because i ran out of cd-r's. n now the install wont detect the instalation files. it boots from cd all happy cheery but wont install.

help?