Find the answer to your Linux question:
I can't install linux, it gets stuck on "Uncompressing Linux...... booting kernel ok" I try many versions of linux, and it all have the same problem. I emulated linux, using ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux won't load

I can't install linux, it gets stuck on "Uncompressing Linux...... booting kernel ok"

I try many versions of linux, and it all have the same problem.

I emulated linux, using VMware (virtual computer program) it works, but i can't install it, what's the problem?

Please help! Thanks.

My computer:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE S series GA-965P-DS3
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6600 2.40GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 4MB L2 Cache

Memory: 2048MB RAM
    Hard Drive: 100 GB
    Video Card: Radeon X1900 Series
    Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio output

Just Joined!
    someone help PLEASE!!!

Just Joined!
    hey my friend I have the same problem . hope get help..

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    I try to answer this thread even I haven't got a solution for it as I don't want you guys feel your question falls on deaf ears.

I believe the chipsets on the motherboards for Intel Dual core are not yet fully supported by Linux and various complaints have been voiced.

Linux is maintained by volunteers and it takes times to catch up with the new technology.

My suggestion is to watch out the places like DistroWatch.com and check if any new release that claims to support your mobo and install these new releases.

I can't afford an Intel dual core E6600 or the GIGABYTE S series GA-965P-DS3 or the 2 Gb 800Mhz DDR2 that goes with it and so haven't had a need to find out a solution. I run cheaper AMD 64bit Athlon and seldom have a difficulty installing Linix, BSD or Solaris on them.

There is nothing wrong with Linux as I can certify over 140 distros in my older PCs do not have such a problem. Users with newer equipment will have to wait for maintainers to catch up with the new developments.

I know there have been limited success with some distros and you can always source the new drivers. So Google the subject and you may get lucky.
    -------------------------------------
    On the VMware side I think if you can run it then it is installed. Linux if run as a guest to a host, say XP, is just a file within XP partition. It can communicate with the host but not with the fellow guests. At least that is what my free version does. You can do most of the thing with Linux inside a Virtual Manager Manager but I am not an experienced user of VMware because it requires excessive memory that I can't afford. When VMware run a guest it has to cut up the ram to hold the guest in memory in case the user wants to jump into it. Therefore without a massive injection of of memory one does go very far with VMware.
    --------------------------------------------------
    This thread reports Debian running well on an Intel Dual Core! There have been a few threads on the same subject there as well.