Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just purchased the cd version of RedHat 9.2. I want to install it on my machine that has ME on it, however I dont see a setup file on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing from ME machine

I just purchased the cd version of RedHat 9.2.
    I want to install it on my machine that has ME on it, however I dont see a setup file on the disk, I received 3 disk. Please help if you can.Thanks.

Linux User
    You are not going to find a setup file, or anything resembling windows files or programs. Linux is completely different. Just like you canít install Mac software on a Windows box, you canít install Linux on windows either.

Basically, you are going to boot off of the first CD to run the install, but without going into it too much I would suggest that you read the install docís from Red Hat that can be found here - https://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/...install-guide/ . And pay attention to section ďG. Configuring a Dual-Boot System ď. Read through the whole doc and see if you donít have some more specific questions.

don
    Linux Newbie
    i totally agree with logan5. if you really were looking for the setup program. i would seriously recommend you read well about linux and installing it before you try it.. Also back up all your essential data. Newbie experiments(atleast for me) resulted in tremendous data loss.
    I\'m just a simple fisherman blessed with a lot of friends

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close