Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hope I have the right forum! Ok, as I said, Windows is about to go out the window. Today I happened to run across some info about how Linux doesn't ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Getting rid of windoze

Hope I have the right forum!
    Ok, as I said, Windows is about to go out the window. Today I happened to run across some info about how Linux doesn't run in everything (haven't done all the research, as you can see). I have a Gateway M210 laptop. I network wirelessly with a Netgear router. forgot the model, will provide if needed. I've already gone in and looked about programs that are compatible and found a good mix for me. I didn't see this model (laptop) on the list. Could anyone give me some help, or show me where to look for this info? Oh, I'd like to run a form of Mandriva, or something else for beginners. Thanks in advance for any help!
    Beth

You could try a live CD (or DVD) like Ubuntu or Simply Mepis first. The live CD loads into memory and runs without changing anything on the hard drive(unless you tell it to install. That way you could try distros to see if everything works and you like the distro before committing to installation.
    Mike