Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello fellow linuxers... I'm kinda new in this dual booting business, so i was wondering if you can help in this issue, I installed fedora Core6 on a new partition, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

removing NTLDR!

Hello fellow linuxers...
    I'm kinda new in this dual booting business, so i was wondering if you can help in this issue,
    I installed fedora Core6 on a new partition, XP is already running on the first partition. GRUB took over the dual booting and everything was perfect. Until I installed a third OS (windows server 2k3) on a third partition, the NTLDR took over again. So I reinstalled GRUB on the main boot disk and GRUB is back. But when ever I choose to run the XP from grub, NTLDR prompt itself !!
    I need to remove the NTLDR from the main boot and just leave GRUB.
    How can I do that?
    Cheers mates

zabadi

boot up windows, execute 'notepad boot.ini' at windows Command Prompt. you should be at root of C:\ drive. post the contents of boot.ini here.

Casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Here is the content of the boot.ini

Code:
    [boot loader]
    timeout=30
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(3)\WINDOWS
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
    I need to stop that from appearing, i only want to load from GRUB.

Thanks.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    This is quite harmless and the NTLDR was formalised to boot two MS systems when you installed Win2k. You could

(1) Rename boot.ini so that there is no file for NTLDR to load, or

(2) Change the timeout statement of boot.ini to 0 so that NTLDR doesn't wait and goes straight into loading XP. The screen goes so quick that you may not even notice.

(3) Delete boot.ini completely (I would leave it as you might just need it in future)

i would suggest you to set timeout=0 in boot.ini file.
    unset readonly permission of boot.ini file, set timeout value, save file and set readonly permission again.

Casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First