Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok i got the install cd's burnt properly onto three cd-rw's (rw's cause i kept getting buffer underrun on all my cd-rs n ran out) the install boots up off ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

RedHat 9 Wont install

ok i got the install cd's burnt properly onto three cd-rw's (rw's cause i kept getting buffer underrun on all my cd-rs n ran out) the install boots up off of the cd no problem but the install wont pick up any of the cd's.

help?

Linux Newbie
    I have never tried it with a CD-RW. If the CDs are not in a drive that cannot be read 9of they are CD-RW, they have to be in a CD-RW drive). If thats all OK, did you make sure your BIOS make your DC-ROM the first to boot?
    If you love something, emerge it

Just Joined!
    the drive is a cdr/rw drive n the cd drive is the first boot but same problem.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    could you clarify a bit?
    the install boots of the cd....so you are past booting?
    or?
    and what happens next?

Linux Engineer
    i think he means it loads the installer but wont find the cd's when it tries to put stuff onto hard drive, right?

have u tried using
    "dma=off, pci=off" as extra parameters when it asks u to type isntall or something.

Just Joined!
    a guy on the irc told me to type bbd or something when at the boot interface, n it said that i dont have a kernal. i dont remember exactly it was a few days ago. what does that mean? do i need to fix it and if yes how?

Just Joined!
    it could be the download was cruptted, it happened to me with fedora, i had to download cd 1 3 times before i got it right and also your media (cd) could be to blame if it's the cheap stuff

Just Joined!
    the check sums....check....out, im not exactly sure what that means. im pretty sure that would mean that they are not currouped. am i wrong?

n ive been re downloading constantly n alsways the same result.