Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm completely new to this forum, and just discovered it. I'm excited that I found it, and appreciate any help. I'll also try my best to contribute with my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Installing SUSE 10.2 over Fedora

Hi, I'm completely new to this forum, and just discovered it. I'm excited that I found it, and appreciate any help. I'll also try my best to contribute with my answers (which is very limited )

Anyway, I have Fedora 5 going dual with XP. So of course, GRUB is in charge of booting. Now I have openSUSE 10.2, and want to install that, replacing Fedora. So if I just click on "new installation" during the install process, will that completely erase Fedora and install over it? The bigger thing I'm concerned about is GRUB. Since it came with Fedora, and then Fedora won't be there anymore because of Suse. Will that effect grub? I mean, I mostly run XP, and need it for my school. So I would hate to mess up grub and not be able to access XP.

Thank you!

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    You can install openSUSE over Fedora Core by simply selecting the Fedora Core partitions as the installation target and making sure they are formatted during the openSUSE installation. As for GRUB, openSUSE should detect your Windows installation and create a GRUB entry for it.

Just Joined!

Cool Thanks

Thank you. I know it was a stupid question, but, I just wanted to be sure that I wouldn't screw up the computer some how.

Thanks again!