Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all i recently installed FC4 in my PC but i didnt had source.. so i downloaded the corresponding ".src.rpm" and installed that bu using rpm -Uvh kernel-<version> then i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

kernel recompile

Hi all
    i recently installed FC4 in my PC but i didnt had source.. so i downloaded the corresponding ".src.rpm" and installed that bu using rpm -Uvh kernel-<version> then i wanted to recompile my kernel so i did rpmbuild -ba --target i686 kernel version.spec in the "/usr/src/redhat/SPECS" but it is taking around 46 mins and showing 1000's of warnings and atlast many errors came so how to recompile my kernel....googled it but it is a different procedure in different sites,... so please help me to recompile the kernel... i am using FC4 and my kernel version is "2.6.11-1.1369_FC4-i686" so i have downloaded "kernel-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4.src.rpm" which is a 42 MB file.......

Quote Originally Posted by lovlin
    Hi all
    i recently installed FC4 in my PC but i didnt had source.. so i downloaded the corresponding ".src.rpm" and installed that bu using rpm -Uvh kernel-<version> then i wanted to recompile my kernel so i did rpmbuild -ba --target i686 kernel version.spec in the "/usr/src/redhat/SPECS" but it is taking around 46 mins and showing 1000's of warnings and atlast many errors came so how to recompile my kernel....googled it but it is a different procedure in different sites,... so please help me to recompile the kernel... i am using FC4 and my kernel version is "2.6.11-1.1369_FC4-i686" so i have downloaded "kernel-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4.src.rpm" which is a 42 MB file.......
    Try this link
    http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mj...html#kernelsrc
    It might help if you posted the errors too, for more clarity on your problem.
    46 mins isn't a long time, it just depends on your machine and how big your kernel is.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.