Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi there. After boot slackware 9.1 from CD and chosing the default kernel when comes to detect the cdrom it does stop for a bit and continues. In the setup ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installation CD ROM Problem

Hi there.
    After boot slackware 9.1 from CD and chosing the default kernel when comes to detect the cdrom it does stop for a bit and continues. In the setup itself when comes to the part to choose from where I want to install slack I choose cdrom and he start's scaning my driver without sucess.
    I don't understand is why in the boot of slack installer he detectes the name of the cdrom but he can't find it. Kinda wierd.
    In my older computer he detects the same cdrom O_o
    Just one thing.
    I tryed on VMWare boot the cdrom, and it works fine. It goes with bare.i kernel and detects the cdrom and can install slackware.
    Now I'm really confuse !

Can some one help ?

My newer computer is: CPU: AMD XP 3000+ Barton, board: A7N8X-E Delux and the CD-ROM is recent and is IDE.
    I don't undertstand why it works on my old system and now in the new one doesn't.

Heeeeeeelp

Tks,
    pSyTrEe
    : )

Strange...

When you have the choice of scanning for cdrom's, you can also do it manually. Do you know what the device file is called? Just choose that from the list.

You could also just move the harddisk over in a working computer and install from there?

Good luck

Just Joined!
    Hello.
    I know the device and I did it manually bue same thing happens.

You could also just move the harddisk over in a working computer and install from there?
    That's a very good ideia, i hadn't think of her. I'm going to do it now. I will post it later.

Tks,
    pSyTrEe

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Yes, It work that way.

Thanks