Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a student here who bought a Maxtor OneTouch III USB 2.0 external hard drive but for his linux machine, and after purchasing found that it only comes with ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux Driver for Maxtor OneTouch III USB 2.0 external hard drive

I have a student here who bought a Maxtor OneTouch III USB 2.0 external hard drive but for his linux machine, and after purchasing found that it only comes with Windows and Mac drivers and support. I contacted Seagate vendor and they said they have no idea if anyone is even using it on Linux but they might be and this forum might have info on it butthat they don't support it and can't help me.

Does anyone have a link to a driver for that device above on linux. When the system boots it gives the diagnostic message that the no driver matched that device. Any help is appreciated.

Thank You.

I did a bit of research on Google and found no drivers for linux for this drive. I found some discussions about using this drive and it appears it works with at least some distributions of linux but problems with others.

When the system boots it gives the diagnostic message that the no driver matched that device.
    Knowing what linux distribution he/she is using and clarifying what you mean by the "system boots" in more detail 'might' help.
    registered Linux user #388382

Have you checked here first?