Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
which Graphics Card do you have? check you Monitor's Manual and note down supported HorziSync, VertiRefresh rates and Resolutions ( modes ). open Konsole and execute this Code: sudo dpkg-reconfigure ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

which Graphics Card do you have?
    check you Monitor's Manual and note down supported HorziSync, VertiRefresh rates and Resolutions ( modes ).
    open Konsole and execute this
    Code:
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
    this command will ask you a lot of Questions. accept default options. enter correct HorizSync and VertiRefresh values when prompted. select supported resolutions. reboot machine.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    I have a Nvidia Geforce 4 mx420. I want the screen res to be 1280 x 720 like I had it in windows. My monitor is a 20 inch widescreen so its supported. Let me try that command.

that command will work. install Nvidia drivers for best performance, 3D effects etc.
    check this link.

Just Joined!
    I tried to do that command thing and I wasn't sure what to do i got out of it started a new session but ti never came up thenI turned off my computer restarted it and my desktop was all over the place. Can you give me like a walkthorugh of how to change that and maybe if I corrupted anything like a way to find out if I did or not.

press Alt+Ctrl+F1, login and execute that 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg' command again. as i suggested earlier, accept default options. enter correct HorizSync and VertiRefresh rates when prompted. reboot machine.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by devils_casper
    press Alt+Ctrl+F1, login and execute that 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg' command again. as i suggested earlier, accept default options. enter correct HorizSync and VertiRefresh rates when prompted. reboot machine.
    Ok I did it changed the res to 1280 x 800 should be ok I guess let me reboot and see.

Just Joined!
    I don't like this res that much what is the closest res like 1280 x 720.

try 1200x800 or 1200x720

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by devils_casper
    try 1200x800 or 1200x720
    Cool I will try it same way right thanks so much for your help. Your the man.

Just Joined!
    Ok I did it seems better thanks but it gets so annoying when I boot it up I see that annoying nvidia logo for like one second is there a way to take that off. Also on the top left when it is started it says something about the recycling bin or something can you get that off too.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast