Find the answer to your Linux question:
Well, isn't it possible without the bootdisc ? I mean, I installed linux from some other guy's CD and I returned it. Now, what am I gonna do ?! Any ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Well, isn't it possible without the bootdisc ? I mean, I installed linux from some other guy's CD and I returned it. Now, what am I gonna do ?! Any other way ?

could you explain problem in detail?
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    I had a Fedora Core 5 installed after a previous Windows XP installation. So, the default boot loader was GRUB. But, since windows crashed thereafter, I reinstalled a fresh installation, GRUB was automatically removed. Now, I can't access linux. But, I'm planning on installing Ubuntu since I lost the rescue disk.

I got my Free Ubuntu shipped today. So, which would be better ? Install Ubuntu or recover Fedora ? I don't have sensitive information in Fedora, so isn't it better to install Ubuntu. Which is better, Ubuntu or Fedora ?

P.S
    : I got my Ubuntu CD today and I'm keenly interested in trying it out. So, I appologize for changing the question.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    choice is yours only. you have tried Fedora already, i suggest you to go for Ubuntu now but thats me only. all depends on you.
    try to re-install Fedora GRUB through SuperGRUB CD. download .iso image, burn to disc, boot from it and re-install GRUB. you can try Ubuntu CD too.
    boot up from Ubuntu CD, open terminal and execute this
    Code:
    sudo grub-install /dev/hda
    press Enter at password prompt. if you have SATA harddisk, replace hda with sda in 'grub-install' command. reboot and check if Fedora's GRUB appears.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First