Find the answer to your Linux question:
dear friends, i am new to linux. somebody guide me how to install suse linux on external hard disk. explain in detail. step by step.don't assume things. external hard disk ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation linux on external hard disk

dear friends, i am new to linux. somebody guide me how to install suse linux on external hard disk. explain in detail. step by step.don't assume things. external hard disk is 120 gb seagate laptop hard disk to be connected to a SONY VGN TX laptop.

Hi pkmadhu,

Welcome to the LinuxForums.

Installation procedure is same whether you install SuSe in Internal or external harddisk. there is only one that you should take care before installation. check your Lappy's BIOS. if it supports booting up from External Harddisk ( removable media ) then you are good to go. select External disk in Partition Section during installation and install GRUB ( Boot Loader ) in MBR of External disk.
    if BIOS doesn't support booting up from External Harddisk, you have to create /boot partition in Internal Harddisk.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First