Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello Ok, I'll make this as clear as possible. (I tend to make things more complicated than they need to be) I have to drives, the master is a 20Gig ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

hda is inconsistent (Fedora Core 2)

Hello

Ok, I'll make this as clear as possible. (I tend to make things more complicated than they need to be) I have to drives, the master is a 20Gig and the slave is an 80Gig. Both are blank and error free. I am only going to install Fedora Core 2 on the 20Gig. I insert my Fedora Core 2 disk and enter graphical mode. It asks me what language I would like and I say english, after that I get a pop up saying "The partition table on /tmp/hda is inconsistent. There are many reasons why this might be the case. Often, the reason is that Linux detected the BIOS geometry incorrect. However, this does not appear to be the case here. It is safe to ignore, but ignoring may (fixable) problems with some boot loaders, and may cause problems with FAT file systems, using LBA in recommended."

When I get to the partitioning part I remove all linux partitions and let it automatically partition the 20Gig and I format the 80Gig. If I hit ignore and install the os I get no errors on reboots. I tried to add "linux hda=39703,16,63" at the "Boot:" promt but I still get the error.

If I phtsically unplug the 80Gig I get no errors on the install.

Is there a way to fix this error? or is this something I should be worried about?

Thanks for the help.

Linux Newbie
    Just ignore it.
    You are the one Linux!