Find the answer to your Linux question:
Does anyone know what the closest mirror sites are for downloading Debian full Iso images to Alaska? Ive tried Oregon state and keep getting corrupted files. Frustrating. I don't have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Debian mirror near Alaska?

Does anyone know what the closest mirror sites are for downloading Debian full Iso images to Alaska? Ive tried Oregon state and keep getting corrupted files. Frustrating. I don't have high speed internet at home and have to use the local Alaskan university to get the files.
    Ack!

Just Joined!
    i took a peek around Google, came up with this:

ftp://ftp.greatland.net/pub/debian/

here's the rest of the list for you also.

http://m68k.debian.org/debian68k/ftp.html

hmm, of course i just read the "m68k" part, so that probably won't work. I'll look around a bit more in case they don't work.

here's the Debian Mirror List too, which should give you some from Canada at least:
    http://www.debian.org/mirror/list
    good luck.

Just Joined!
    just a though, by the time you pay for dialup through time, electricity, and money wouldn't it be cheaper to have a cd mailed, expecially if your going for all seven

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie

Local ISO's

Actually it is not an issue now. Turns out that the computing department or someone associated with said department at UAF (Univeristy of Alaska Fairbanks) likes to support linux there. They have all the Isos for a few distributions on a local server (Mandrake, Debian, redhat, (knoppix?), and even freeBSD. Although they didn't have Debian in the folder, I mentioned the problem and they have recently fixed. Problem solved!!!

Ill go get an install later today. Thanks for the help though.
    Ack!

Just Joined!
    hmm, that sounds nice. Can you do a network install of it? that'd be like a dream if you could.