Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am very new to the Linux world and this is my first try at it. I cannot seem to install Linux on my HP. A819n. It seems to freeze ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installation Problem

I am very new to the Linux world and this is my first try at it. I cannot seem to install Linux on my HP. A819n. It seems to freeze during the initial stages of installation everytime. I have tried Fedora Core 6, Ubuntu 6.06 & 6.1, Madriva one, All have the same problem.

Any Ideas? Anyone have this problem?

oz
    forum.guy
    Hi, rboutros

If the ISO downloads were good before and after the download, and the files were properly burned to the CD, I'm guessing it's a hardware issue of some kind. If you aren't sure about the download/burning integrity, you can check this link for good instructions on doing these steps properly:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ins...nstall-cd.html

If it's hardware, you can check the cheatcodes that are available to you (through the F-keys) right before the CD fully boots to see if you can disable some hardware.
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by rboutros
    I am very new to the Linux world and this is my first try at it. I cannot seem to install Linux on my HP. A819n. It seems to freeze during the initial stages of installation everytime. I have tried Fedora Core 6, Ubuntu 6.06 & 6.1, Madriva one, All have the same problem.
    Any Ideas? Anyone have this problem?
    post your machine's specs here. it could be Graphics Card problem, badly burned Installation CD/DVD or existing Partition Structure of Harddisk.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First