Find the answer to your Linux question:
Many anaconda-installer based distros could not be installed on via c3 cpu's systems Try gentoo (with anaconda installer), Lorma. Even Lycoris Desktop/LX (Amethyst 3) refuse to install. Now i try ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Compatibility: Via C3 Ezra CPU's - Anaconda Installer

Many anaconda-installer based distros could not be installed on via c3 cpu's systems Try gentoo (with anaconda installer), Lorma.
    Even Lycoris Desktop/LX (Amethyst 3) refuse to install.

Now i try to install Cobind Linux, an fc-1 based distro, with an anaconda installer, text mode.

U have any opinion about this ?
    It is possible to install Cobind on via c3 cpu powered boxes ?

thanx

Just Joined!
    gentoo does not come with an anaconda installer A, usually only rpm distros from redhat come with such installers which means as long as you avoid redhat, fedora, and maybe mandrake and suse you shouldn't have any problem. So that leaves debian, slackware, gentoo, and the other 900 distros void of anaconda installers.

Just Joined!
    Well, first of all try this:
    http://gentoo.vidalinux.com/?q=node/view/35
    You'll see that Gentoo can be installed with anaconda-gentoo.

Note: Mandrake is working. (v.10 CE).

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    yet again gentoo does not come with an anaconda installer and neither does debian that page is not www.gentoo.org, if you want gentoo get it from gentoo.org and install gentoo in the manner that the developers state it should be installed. Debian has an anaconda installer that doesn't mean it comes with an anaconda installer, gentoo has an anaconda installer that doesn't mean it comes with one aka get your distros from their main site not from some user site that may not even work correctly.
    ps: the person that made that page didn't even spell check it not to mention the latest gentoo cd is 2004.1 not 2004.0 :-p

Just Joined!
    That is correct. Gentoo does not force use of the Anaconda installer. There is a port of it for Gentoo, but what fun would it be to install Gentoo with Anaconda? I'd give Gentoo w/out Anaconda (the correct way i'd say) Slackware, or some other distro along the source-based lines a shot.

Out of curiousty though, why do you want to install w/Anaconda, or is that just a coinsidence that all the distro's you've tried were Anaconda-based installers?