Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have recently installed Red Hat Linux version 8 on my second hard drive. That means I have Win2K running on the Master and Linux on the slave. I am ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing Linux has slowed Windows.

I have recently installed Red Hat Linux version 8 on my second hard drive. That means I have Win2K running on the Master and Linux on the slave. I am asked which I want to boot to when I turn on my machine.

The problem is that whenever I boot to Windows it runs really slowly. It can take 5 minutes just to ask me to log in. Also if I go to "My Computer" in windows it takes forever to load - presumably because it is struggling to read the drive with Linux on. This has all occured since I installed Linux. Anyone any ideas?

Please help because I would like to leave Windows behind and move to just linux.

Linux Guru
    I don't think this is immediately related to Linux. Windows doesn't try to read Linux partititions at all, since it won't recognize their partition type from the partition table, so that's not the problem.
    I'm not sure what it's caused by, but I'm guessing that either it's a standard Windows unsolvable problem, or you have some kind of hardware trouble.