Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I made an attempt today to install RedHat 8 on my desktop computer as a second operating system with a dual boot setting. Everything seemed to be going as ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Stuck During Installation Of Redhat 8, Neither mouse nor key

Hello,
    I made an attempt today to install RedHat 8 on my desktop computer as a second operating system with a dual boot setting. Everything seemed to be going as planned and all the packages were installed and then I was asked by the install manager program to reboot the computer. After rebooting neither the mouse nor the keyboard works and there are still a few more steps remaining to fully configure things but I'm totally stuck and can't choose anything from the screen or in any way go back to maybe change the type of mouse that I selected during installation (I was never asked about the keyboard during the installation).
    My mouse and keyboard are both connected through PS/2. I am not sure but I have a feeling that the mouse and keyboard have for some reason been set up in the installer program as USB devices, although I clearly chose PS/2 during the installation.
    Dual boot works, that is I can choose windows, and it boots, but if I try to boot Linux, I end up in that hopeless situation were nothing moves on the screen.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated,

Regards,
    Willowdale

Just Joined!
    What about Mouse and keybord under Windows, working?
    If then, try to remove and plug again, and reboot.
    If you know the shortcut Key under Linux, then open terminal and try to configure mouse and keybord.
    -redhat-config-mouse, I hope is for configuring mouse, check it out!!!

Just Joined!
    Thanks for your reply. I should have posted this earlier but the problem was with my 2 button scroll mouse. As suggested by the installer program I had chosen an entry for scroll mice during the installation but that caused both the mouse and keyboard to be left unrecognized after installation. To fix that I had to go back and choose the normal three button PS/2 option and it ended up recognizing both the keyboard and the mouse.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close