Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just made a normal not bootable linux cd bootable using rawrite utility and a floppy so that i can boot and install linux 9 . But what i am ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Is cd2 for red hat linux 9 needed to be bootable like cd1 ?

I just made a normal not bootable linux cd bootable using rawrite utility and a floppy so that i can boot and install linux 9 . But what i am not sure about is whether do we need cd2 to be bootable so that i can continue my installation when asked for 2nd cd ? please help , because my cd2 is not being accepted for installation . PLease help !

Just Joined!
    if your in the process of installation , you should be able to get back in with cd1 then it will ask to insert cd2

Just Joined!
    your cds probably brooken, once you in your second dosn't have to be bootable, download anothe image

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    hex
    Just Joined!

when you get cd1 to run...

when cd1 runs, one of the first things it does is ask if you want to check the cd's and you should do that for all of them to make sure that they are all ok before you start installing. i didnt do it the first time and was lucky that it bummed out on the first package, only 10 mins into install. my dad was about half way done installing rh9 when his first cd had problems and then later he found out it was bad and dl'ed it again and it was bad too. lol. he gave up, so i gave him my good cd's. so just make sure it passes the test disk one gives it before installing.