Find the answer to your Linux question:
Is it possible to add some more space to me "/" partition. I am runnning low on space. Also i am thinking of transfering my FC2 install to a new ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Enlarge partition???

Is it possible to add some more space to me "/" partition. I am runnning low on space. Also i am thinking of transfering my FC2 install to a new HDD. BUt i need to know if i can enlarge that partition without losing all the information. because if i cant enlarge it then i will lose all my setting and prgrams and have to doa freash install thanks for any help

Just Joined!
    i'm not sure, but take a look at qtparted. Its the closest thing to Partition Magic you'll see with Linux (or I thought it was) which should allow you to modify it. The main problem is i don't believe you can modify it when the partition's mounted...
    Have a live-cd distro? pop that in and run qtparted and fix it like that if you can.

Just Joined!
    ok i tried that qtparted things but duirng ./configure i got

configure: error: *** reiserfsprogs library (libreiserfs) not found
    what should i do now

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    try installing qtparted using your distors package manager if it has one, otherwise qtparted is available with knoppix just beware i hear many horror stories about qtparted and reiserfs so be very careful best of luck.

Just Joined!
    Thanks i actaully ahve a knoppix cd so i will give it a go. If i lose my stuff....oh well lol. Thanks