Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I've installed Gentoo Linux. I like it and all but when it came to running CS with winex it was really really slow and I had tried lots of things ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installed Linux Won't Windows XP Back

I've installed Gentoo Linux. I like it and all but when it came to running CS with winex it was really really slow and I had tried lots of things to speed it up.. So I decided to go back to windows...
    I can't now get the computer to boot off a floppy or windows xp cd. It will boot off of a gentoo live cd..
    Any help thanks

Just Joined!
    Whatever you delete today, you desperately need tomorrow.

check bios to make sure it can boot from cd just in case, perhaps you windows cd isn't bootable or perhaps your doing something wrong. One of the three is where your solution lies he eh windows blows & did you install the drivers for your graphics drivers and do you have a ****** ati card. ??????? might want to make a partition and put windows on it i say 5 gigs is enough for winblows.

Just Joined!
    Yeah..I've booted up on cd before...When I goto the bios it won't respond to my keyboard but the clock still runs. Have no idea why it does that...
    But I have no clue why it isn't booting off floopy. I'm gonna get another windows cd and try again

I loved linux just..It was a fun experience. The video card I was using was a voodoo3 wich ran fine on windows but ran really slow with winex :/. With the frustration of others wanting to play CS made me want to go back to windows.

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper3641
    I loved linux just..It was a fun experience. The video card I was using was a voodoo3 wich ran fine on windows but ran really slow with winex :/. With the frustration of others wanting to play CS made me want to go back to windows.
    Boss, winex is slower coz it tries to emulate Windows Environment. BUT getting rid of Linux for sake of a GAME is NOT a good idea. You've LOT to learn in LINUX and if you really need to play CS have a dual boot ... just a sincere advice

Just Joined!
    if your keyboard doesn't work in bios then that is a problem, might wanna erase bios memory by remvoing computer battery

Just Joined!
    I think I'm gonna stick with linux. But is their anyway for me to speed it up?

I feel dumb now that I look at the title of my post...1 going back to windows 2 I put "won't" instead of "want"....aye it was late

Just Joined!

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper3641
    I feel dumb now that I look at the title of my post...1 going back to windows 2 I put "won't" instead of "want"....aye it was late
    Edit your orignal post and you can correct the subject...
    \"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.\"
    Albert Einstein

Just Joined!
    [REMOVED]

Quote Originally Posted by doppleganger
    After you edit your post stop buying crappy namebrand computers and build your own that way it lasts longer and when it compiles slowly you can blame yourself. be careful with the overclocking as well it could make your system unstable.
    Why would it last longer if you built your own?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast