Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
hello i have a dell packard with 7.28GB memory and wish to install ubuntu or xp but....it will not let me update bios the error i get is something like ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Banned

Bios Update On 1.00...8

hello i have a dell packard with 7.28GB memory and wish to install ubuntu or xp but....it will not let me update bios the error i get is something like "cannot reflash bios because installed memory managers"....any help? i wish to use this as a normal pc or even a server to store files, but i cannt use 98(on the pc now) to connect to the internet p.s. i use dsl with verizon any help asap plz????

Banned

specs.

the error i get when trying to install something other than ubuntu is loading spec packet failed." "trying to wing it" then does nothing, and ill be on until mid night tonight or later bcuz its a weekend and i want to solve this issue so when u post ill reply very fast. and some hardware specs are as follows:
    GenuineIntel
    Pentium (r) Processor
    16.0MB RAM
    it could be the amount of ram but still i tryed a os called d*m* small linux which is so small in size that it can run off of a USB or floppy and even embed into windows.
    Last edited by slickazzshooter; 05-04-2007 at 10:55 PM. Reason: bad word sorry

With that small amount of ram, not a whole lot of distros are going to work.
    Dam n small Liux should work though.
    I haven't worked with Blue Wall, but it installs from a floppy, so that might work.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

Banned

k

ok tyvm ill try it tomarrow im off2sleep cuz im tired now

Banned

error....

well i tryed to boot from cd with blue wall and the exact error i get is "os load in progress...ISOLINUX 2.08 2003-12-12 ISOLINUX: Loading spec packet failed, trying to wing it... ISOLINUX: failed to locate CD-ROM Device:Boot Failed." any help? and i got this error b4 with diff distros but 4got to mention it, and any help at all or other distros to try are appreciated.

Will Dam n small run from the cd?

If you are getting the same exact error from different distros it is possible that you have a hardware problem.
    Try doing a memtest with one of the distros thjat you have tried.
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

Banned

?

uhh it will not let me get to the menu to choose that option, and da*n small linux works on my laptop but not on the1 with 98, it will not boot which is why i put the error above.

Banned
    is it possible to configure 98 to use verison online with msn dsl (my isp) or possibly connect through my laptop?

Do you see the menu where you get to choose which os to boot?
    memtest86 should be one of the options.
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by budman7 View Post
    Do you see the menu where you get to choose which os to boot?
    memtest86 should be one of the options.
    No i already told u it wont boot from the cd it gave me this error!!!:
    "slickazzshooter well i tryed to boot from cd with blue wall and the exact error i get is "os load in progress...ISOLINUX 2.08 2003-12-12 ISOLINUX: Loading spec packet failed, trying to wing it... ISOLINUX: failed to locate CD-ROM Device:Boot Failed." any help? and i got this error b4 with diff distros but 4got to mention it, and any help at all or other distros to try are appreciated."
    plz do not be redundent im not being rude but im not getting anywhere answering the same questions

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast