Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a Dell Dimension 4600, it's about 3 to 4 years old and I thinks it's time to install Linux on it. But first I need to tell you ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Need Help Picking a Linux OS

I have a Dell Dimension 4600, it's about 3 to 4 years old and I thinks it's time to install Linux on it. But first I need to tell you that I'm going to add a TV Tuner and a 2nd Hard Drive and I would appreciate help in find some good prices on these computer parts. Does anybody have any good suggestions on some Linux software like Ubuntu, Knoppix, SUSE, etc... Keep in mind that I'm a first time user of ANY Linux software and has little or no experience with some Linux OS's.

Quote Originally Posted by LinuxGuy03 View Post
    But first I need to tell you that I'm going to add a TV Tuner and a 2nd Hard Drive and I would appreciate help in find some good prices on these computer parts.
    If you live in the United States, newegg is a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by LinuxGuy03 View Post
    Does anybody have any good suggestions on some Linux software like Ubuntu, Knoppix, SUSE, etc... Keep in mind that I'm a first time user of ANY Linux software and has little or no experience with some Linux OS's.
    That's really up to you. You can try those sites for some hints:
    DistroWatch.com: Put the fun back into computing. Use Linux, BSD.
    zegenie Studios Linux Distribution Chooser
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee