Find the answer to your Linux question:
I installed debian etch a week or so ago, and had to remove my windows. so anyway I have a 120 gb drive with one 40 gb debian partition, and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Booting trouble

I installed debian etch a week or so ago, and had to remove my windows. so anyway I have a 120 gb drive with one 40 gb debian partition, and then a 1.7 gb logical partition for swap. i then not too long ago reinstalled windows xp on the remaining partition. after I installed xp it wont go to the usual boot menu for grub. windows said that I could set that partition to active to try and get it to boot. I figured out how to set partitions to active, but windows won't let me do so and I was logged in as administrator. Can someone help me with my dualbooting troubles?

boot up from debian installation CD/DVD and re-install GRUB. GRUB menu will appear after that. boot up Debian from Harddisk and add entry for Windows in /boot/grub/menu.lst file.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Thanks again. You helped me with my last problem too lol. We have a very helpful user on our hands.