Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey guys, Im new to Linux and I would like to dual boot my laptop machine with XP Pro and SLED10. I recently formatted my 60GB HDD and created 2 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Dual Booting XP Pro and SLED10

Hey guys,

Im new to Linux and I would like to dual boot my laptop machine with XP Pro and SLED10. I recently formatted my 60GB HDD and created 2 separate partitions of 45GB and 15GB in the windows setup during a fresh install.

I installed XP on the 45GB and have the unformatted 15GB which I would like to install SLED10. Iv installed SLED10 before but not very confident with getting both operating systems dual booting.

Is it possible for me to just boot SLED10 from the CD and install it on the 15G partition?

Thanks in advance, looking forward to playing with X server,

Nelson

During the install process, you may want to look at the partitioning setup and make sure it gets installed over the 15 GB partition - not the XP partition. Read up a bit on how partitioning works and you'll be fine. The SLED10 install process is cake
    I praise Webmin and PuTTy!
    Registered Linux User: 439431

Hi nsimao,

Welcome to the LinuxForums.

its very easy to setup dual boot. insert Sled Installation CD, select Free/Unformatted space in Partition Section during installation. Installer will create/format partitions out of free space and setup dual boot for you.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    awesome, thanks guys!

Much appreciated