Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am trying to kickstart install fedora core2 via network using pxe & bpbatch. Fedora core 2 no longer supports floppyboot. I have a system which works fine for redhat ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Fedora 2 & network install

I am trying to kickstart install fedora core2 via network using pxe & bpbatch.
    Fedora core 2 no longer supports floppyboot. I have a system which works fine for redhat 9 and fedora1 but cannot get it to work with fedora2 which comes up with an error stating the kernel no longer supports floppyboot and to use another boot loader.

My bpbatch contains LinuxBoot "vmlinuz" "ramdisk_size=32000 root=/dev/ram3" "initrd.img"

where vmlinuz & initrd are the pxe version from fedora2 CD.

Has anyone had any success in doing a kickstart installation of fedora2 via the network and how do you do it?

Just Joined!

Does nobody have any experience of fedora2 network rollout?

I am still having problems with trying to do a kickstart network install for fedora2....help!

Just Joined!

BPBatch Fedora-3

Exactly the same problem Tried booting from the initrd.img as well. I would really like to get this working because we use it as part of our current system. I've now built a pxeboot Fedora 3 kickstart server which works well (quick). It means i've got to build 8 servers per site though and get them replicating ks.cfg changes

A couple of problems I'm getting with the Fedora server:

- Delays for around 3 mins "Determining host name domain..."

- Can't get a custom message to be displayed from /tftpboot/pxelinug.cfg/default "display /tftpboot/boot.msg"

Apart from that I'm impressed how well it works.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close