Find the answer to your Linux question:
im so confused im a total noob to linux and i have been trying to install debian and when i get to the configeration portion of the install i go ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

locales?

im so confused im a total noob to linux and i have been trying to install debian and when i get to the configeration portion of the install i go through the prosess of picking software and then i get to the page where it says something like select locales and then there is a list of weirdly named things but my problem lies in that i cant get past this page there is no way of selecting ok nomater what i select in the list i cant go on

Just Joined!
    If it is "Dselect", AVOID it, just use "tasksel". You must choose "simple" instalation. It is by far simpler and I think it solves all the dependencies (at least I think).

http://www.debian.org/releases/stabl...stall-packages

Just Joined!
    well actualy its after the dselect (witch i said no to) but after i tern down the dselect i see a screen that says kernel link error and it makes it sound non critical so i just click ok and then the page after that is the problem it says select locales to be generated and it list stuff like "af_ZA iso 8859-1"

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Wich discs are you using. Those are full packages I think, you will get different ones depending on the discs you are using. Try cd 1 and 5 (somewhere in this forum it says that's all you need, but I can't find it anymore). Just mark the ones that you want and finish the installation with those packages, I'm at work right now, but I will doble check that at home.

If you are using more than one cd remember that when the system asks you to scan more sources for the install, you should insert all the cds that you have, so it will give you the complete set of software you have available.

You must configure APT for this: http://www.debian.org/releases/stabl...-configure-apt

And yes, I get that Kernel error too, no big deal since I get the system running at the end.

Just Joined!
    i figered it out it was that the only way to select "OK" was by pressing Tab and then enter its kinda weired and i figered it out by mistake