Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi I want to access windows-XP from Linux i found on net that rpm need to installed for NTFS partition but i couldn't find the rpm for Fedora with kernel ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Want to access NTFS windows

Hi
    I want to access windows-XP from Linux i found on net that rpm need to installed for NTFS partition but i couldn't find the rpm for Fedora with kernel version 2.6.9-1.667..
    pls help

Hi and Welcome !

is there any particular reason for using that kernel version? you should install Latest version, Fedora 7. it support NTFS read/write access out of box.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!

Accessing windows in Linux

Hi
    At the moment lot of tools and softwares are being installed on this legacy system so i cannot make a switch to the newer version is there any work around with the current version of kernel

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Get the kernel headers, a compiler, a lot of patience and compile fuse and ntfs-3g from source. Read the sticky on the Newbie section for detailed instructions on building from source
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Just Joined!
    Hi
    On link www.linux-ntfs.org - Linux-NTFS RPMs Downloads - Fedora 2 certain rpm are given and only we need to install the rpm and then i can mount the ntfs windows on this version but i m not able to find the rpm from the list which will be applicable to Fedora-2 kernel version 2.6.9-1.667

Hi
    On link www.linux-ntfs.org - Home - Linux-NTFS RPMs Downloads - Fedora 2 certain rpm are given and only we need to install the rpm and then i can mount the ntfs windows on this version but i m not able to find the rpm from the list which will be applicable to Fedora-2 kernel version 2.6.9-1.667
    The problem is that it will be very hard to find an RPM for your kernel because they're discontinued now and if you find an old one it may have bugs or less features than newer versions. That's why I recommended building from source
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums