Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by vvmanoj Well....this is my config -> AMD AthlonXP 1800,Asus A7N266, 768MB RAM,40GB HDD,CDRW Drive,DVD Drive, Geforce3ti200,Creative Audigy,DLink LAN card and Pinnacle PCTV. Running Win2000 pro on primary ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by vvmanoj
    Well....this is my config -> AMD AthlonXP 1800,Asus A7N266, 768MB RAM,40GB HDD,CDRW Drive,DVD Drive, Geforce3ti200,Creative Audigy,DLink LAN card and Pinnacle PCTV. Running Win2000 pro on primary partition.
    Thanks....
    Does the startup continue if you remove the following items :

DLink LAN card, (if it's not an onboard card, otherwise turn it off in the bios)
    Pinnacle PCTV

I've seen these two cause problems during and after installation.

Does it still stop at the prompt: Settingup disks ?
    ---[ MS09-99896 - Vulnerability in All MS Windows OS ; Using Windows Could Allow Remote Code Execution. ]---
    Hardware: Asus P4P800, 1GB, P4-3Ghz, Asus V9950, Maxtor ATA HD\'s, 3Com GBit lan, Audigy ZS Plat.

Just Joined!
    Hi,
    I removed all my cards and rebooted but still the same issue. It just stops at setting up disks
    Thanks
    Manoj

Just Joined!

Disk problems...

Since your first post it seems to me that your problems are about some of your disks, an hd or maybe a CDROM.

After the detection of hardware the system wants to touch the disks. And after instalation, during the boot the system have to mount the fs and it may be a problem with your disk or partitions.

At instalation you can see some system logs pressing Ctrl + Alt + F2/F3/F4 ... I don't remember exactly wath function key. With that logs you may figure out the hang point and the reason for that hang up.

Hope it helps...

Sory my english...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2