Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by devils_casper Thats a Perfect Machine. How did you burn .iso images? Burn images at lowest possible speed. thnx but i burned using nero and at 16x speed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Quote Originally Posted by devils_casper View Post
    Thats a Perfect Machine. How did you burn .iso images? Burn images at lowest possible speed.
    thnx but i burned using nero and at 16x speed should i do 4x cuz i will

Just Joined!
    I am getting that exact same error on my Compaq sr1011nx it has a 2.7 celeron and 512 ram.

The CD that I used is one from getubuntu and I have used other cds from there and none of them work. Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Just Joined!
    I had that problem on an old hp (I could not get the live cd to run, and would get an error message like that)I found that I had to press F6 and add "acpi=off noapic " to the boot line after the stuff that was already in the line .After that it ran great.

I would recommend trying Fedora 7 , I have run that on several machines old and new and didnt need to mess with it at all to get it to run.

There are also other "cheat codes" like that but be WARNED some of the other codes can kill your mother board if there is a problem

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2