Find the answer to your Linux question:
What distributions would you guys recommend for a machine (laptop) with these specs? Intel Pentium 3 900MHz Processor 256MB Ram 10GB Hard Drive I'd prefer a KDE environment, but if ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Distro Reccomendations

What distributions would you guys recommend for a machine (laptop) with these specs?

Intel Pentium 3 900MHz Processor
    256MB Ram
    10GB Hard Drive

I'd prefer a KDE environment, but if we have to scale down the window manager, I'd be able to live (as long as major applications were still usable). Also, I'd prefer a distro with RPM package capabilities and a decent built in software repo easily available at hand (similar to Ubuntu) - I know this requirement might throw things off a bit

EDIT: Seems Ubuntu might actually be a decent choice for me... any thoughts on this? This machine meets the minimum memory requirements for Ubuntu.
    Last edited by AndrewTheArt; 07-19-2007 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Seems

Hi !

We can't tell you which distro is best for you. You have to select yourself. Try as many as you can. Please check the link in my signature and this POLL.

Seems Ubuntu might actually be a decent choice for me... any thoughts on this? This machine meets the minimum memory requirements for Ubuntu
    Ubuntu might be slow a bit on those spaces.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First