Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Like j0nnyr0773n i downloaded Xandros 4.0 from bittorrent burnt the iso image to cd successfully using Nero 7. I rebooted windows so Xandros installed but went straight into Windows ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Xandros CD is not working.

Hi

Like j0nnyr0773n i downloaded Xandros 4.0 from bittorrent burnt the iso image to cd successfully using Nero 7. I rebooted windows so Xandros installed but went straight into Windows again. I reread the instructions and yes it did say to make sure the bios to boot from CD Drive.

I rebooted went into my bios and yes the CD Drive was the first preference to boot the system. And it still loaded up Windows.

Secondly I changed Bios so only the CD drive would boot and disabled harddrives from booting... this time the computer said system error, insert boot disk and restart.

If someone can help so the cd can boot so i can install Xandros that would be great!

Hi and Welcome !

Try any other Installation CD. Does your machine boot up from that?
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

oz
    forum.guy
    Sounds like a bad burn to the CD. Take a look at this HowTo for some tips on making sure you burn the disk properly:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ins...nstall-cd.html
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close