Find the answer to your Linux question:
bought a thinkpad without an os. booted up, got in, tried to install, says there is no room left for installing. i cannot find my harddrive, lol, like i cant ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

not enough space, help installing

bought a thinkpad without an os.

booted up, got in, tried to install, says there is no room left for installing.

i cannot find my harddrive, lol, like i cant access it. Wtf is happening? i cant free space up!? help!! i want my laptop to work!

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums, davek905

Take a look at the Parted Magic LiveCD for use in working with your partitions:

Parted Magic

It's a Partition Magic clone, it's easy to use and the download is under 35 MB, so it's a quick download and burn to CD.
    oz

Just Joined!
    im downloading as we speak, dont know if ill have enough space... thanks alot

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    What happened to the OS... was it never installed, or was it just deleted?

Wonder what's on the drive, if no OS?

Burn the .iso image to the disk, put the disk in machine, and reboot to get a good look at any existing partitions. You can then use the disk to delete, resize, or create new partitions as needed. Lots of other good tools on the CD that might be useful, too.
    oz

Just Joined!
    it was deleted... used comp.

using konsole, i type in df and it says i have a lot of lot of memory left. and I just downloaded that app. i dont know exactly how much memory i need to install linux but i think this is getting weirder as it goes on. ill look around for a dvdrw.

Just Joined!

OS Issue

Hi,

As it is cleared you were not having any OS installed on your new laptop. Hence i request you first to get any OS cd like linux Fedora, Redhat suse, you can also download these OS on Internet on CD and then boot it using the Cd and Installe the complete OS. This is the way you can use your laptop.

Thank you

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by davek905 View Post
    bought a thinkpad without an os.

booted up, got in, tried to install, says there is no room left for installing.

What is on it currently? What did you boot into?
    Chicks dig giant mechanized war machines