Partitioning for dual boot
I'd like to setup my sytem to accomodate fedora and windows xp. I'd like to be able to access certain files regardless of which OS I use. I understand that I'll need:
- 1 Windows boot partition ~2-4GB
- 1 Linux boot partition ~2-4GB
- 1 Linux swap partition ~1-2 GB
I'm unclear/unsure of:
- How can I keep my non-boot linux files separate - i.e. /home, /usr, etc.? Do I need another partition? If yes, what format -- FAT32, ext3, etc. -- should it be?
- How can I access certain files regardless of what OS I use? Do I need yet another partition, formatted in FAT32?