Boot Error: MBR cylinders not equal to BIOS
I have read through a good few threads/ tutorials covering boot/installation issues but I find only hints of the potential problem; thank you for clarifying.
First time test Installation of Ubuntu - using Wubi (no cd).
After install, on reboot I select Ubuntu from dual boot option:
a long list of text/warnings appear, but what stands out is
MBR Cylinders (49586) is not equal to the Bios one (1024).
MBR total sectors (796599090) greater than Bios one (796593920).
Some buggy BIOSes could hang when you access sectors.
Desktop PC, AMD 64 3500+, 1GHz RAM
2 - SATA drives RAID 0
Partition 1 (OS) : 40GB NTFS
Partition 2 (Docs) : 250GB NTFS
OS: Windows XP (fresh install)
BIOS: Amer. Megatrends 1017.002 (11/14/2005)
ACTIONS TAKEN SO FAR:
- Uncompressed drive
- Fully Defragmented Drives
- Uninstalled Ubuntu from C: and installed on D:
- Do I have to update my Bios?
- Must I create a new partition?
- Can SATA drives be of reason?
- What can be the problem ...
- And naturally, how to resolve this issue?
Thank you in advance!