[Solved] Grub 2 image not working
I am trying to customise my Grub 2 menu and add a background image, but struggling to get it to work. I have a plethora of tutorials but I must be missing something. Here is a quick recap of my steps:
2. copy>paste grub.cfg into 40_custom
3. make changes and change executables in grub.d
4. all worked perfectly.
- now for the image:
1. add 8 bit .jpg image to /boot/grub
2. grub-update - message that it recognised new image
3. reboot - no-change...
4. added specific path and file name to grub GRUB_BACKGROUND=/boot/grub/TuxLinux8bit.jpg
5. grub-update - message recognised image and listed it twice.
6. reboot - still-no-change
In some tutorials I see instructions to change use_bg=true, but I don't see a use_bg=false statement anywhere to change. The files reside in my Ubuntu partition and I notice the colors are still "Ubuntu" color scheme so I am wondering if this info is pulling from somewhere else...
Hope this makes sense. Any help?