How to: Install Linux without CD-R's
- Create a FAT32 partition which is slightly bigger than the total size of all the ISO's.
- Next, create another partition where you want to install Linux. (ext2 I believe)
- Boot up Windows, and put the ISO images onto the FAT32 partition.
- Download: vmlinuz & initrd.img from the mirror that the ISO images were on. (For FC6 they are in the /os/isolinux/ folder)
- Setup Grub to boot from those files
The (hd#,#) will probably be (hd0,0), but you may need to ask for help if it doesn't work.
title Linux Installer
*I am not going to go through how to set up GRUB, because that is a different topic.
- At the GRUB boot screen, choose Linux Installer. Follow the diredtions, and when it asks for the discs, select harddrive, and choose the location the images are on.