installing linux on a Windows machine
I'm thinking about installing linux on my system which currently has WindowsXP installed. But I have some questions I hope someone could answer:
1. I have an empty currently unused harddrive plugged in, can I simply install linux on that drive without messing with my other drive that holds XP?
2. How will I get a dual boot system?
3. Which version of linux is recommended and at which adress can I get it?
4. Is there a good website with linux programs?
5. Which window manager is the best? I was thinking maybe blackbox?
You don't have to answer all the questions if you don't want to... :)