I recently got the SUSE 9.2, and here's what happened when i tried to install it:
- both CD and DVD boot correctly
- then "Loading Linux Kernel"
- when Kernel finishes loading(actually shows 99%, so maybe doesn't finish), the screen goes black, and nothing else happens.
Alternative methods I have tried but didn't work:
- set bios to PATA, but didn't change anything.
- tried remove the 2 SATA and install only with presence of PATA, and pre-partitioned on PATA
- tried install alternative linux: Suse 9.0(boot from floppy showed reading error) , RedHat7.2(similar problem to Suse 9.2)
Apparently the pb doesn't come from the SATA hard drives. How can I install it? I'm nearing desperation...