recovery without boot cd
hello all, i recently deleted my ubuntu partition only to get a grub error 22 when i try to reboot.
1. How can i fix this without already having the windows xp recovery cd?
2. Where can i get a recovery cd
3. is there anything else i can do ?
thanks for your help
Welcome to the LinuxForums.
* if you have Floppy Driver, download Windows 98 Bootable Floppy from Bootdisk.Com. boot from it and execute this
* Download .iso image of SuperGRUB CD, burn it to CD, boot from it and select Fix Windows option.
okay so I tried super grub, it says that it was successful, but then when i go to boot it says that it cannot load windows because of a hardware configuration error? does anyone know how to fix this?
SuperGRUB CD has removed GRUB and problem is in Windows now. you need a Windows Installation CD to repair it.