updating network driver in initrd
i have a new desktop(dell 790) and it is not getting the network connection while installing via kickstart.
I downloaded network drivers from Intel site(for intel network gigabit 82579LM). I compiled the package and placed it in initrd file.
Now when im booting using the new initrd file, it is throwing errors like:
no network devices in choose network device
no network drivers for doing kickstart
and hence the installation is failing to get the kickstart from network.
I have done the below steps in creating new initrd:
1. compiled the driver on another machine running same kernel
2. copied the e1000e.ko file and update to initrd/modules.cgz(using gunzip and cpio)
3. changed the entry in modules-info file
4. added below line to pci.ids:
1029 82579 Gigabit Ethernet Controller
5. created the initrd file and copied it to isolinux
6. created iso using the isolinux
Could someone please point where im missing?