question to Dolda2000
following r the instructions to install windowmaker on red hat 9.0
i did not understand *2, *3, *4, *5, *7, *8
please guide me how to do it. i did that apt-get install windowmaker .... it said can not fetch archive in the end
i really need windowmaker on my red hat 9.0.
- RedHat GNU/Linux
RedHat systems have several annoying problems. If you use it,
be sure to follow the steps below or Window Maker will not work:
* if you installed the Window Maker that comes with RedHat, uninstall
it before upgrading;
* make sure you don't have the LANG and LINGUAS environment variables
set to en_RN;
* make sure you have /usr/local/bin in your PATH environment
* make sure you have /usr/local/lib in /etc/ld.so.conf before running
* if you have problems that mention an error message with --no-reexec
uninstall libtool-1.2b and install libtool-1.3 instead. libtool-1.3
can be found in ftp.gnu.org Also read the TROUBLESHOOTING section;
* if you installed the Window Maker package from RedHat and are
installing a new version of it by hand (compiling yourself), uninstall
the package from RedHat before.
* make sure you have a symbolic link from /usr/include/X11 to
/usr/X11R6/include/X11 (if not, type ln -s /usr/X11R6/include/X11
* make sure you have /lib/cpp pointing to the cpp program
If you have any doubts in doing any of the stuff above, please
don't hesitate to contact the RedHat user support. They will
kindly answer to all your questions regarding their system.
They also know much more about their own system than us
(we don't use RedHat).