Find the answer to your Linux question:
I confess, I am a rank amateur less than a 'noobie', but need some advise/guidance. I have successfully DL FC 1 and installed same; however, when I click on the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

UP2DATE Process

I confess, I am a rank amateur less than a 'noobie', but need some advise/guidance.

I have successfully DL FC 1 and installed same; however, when I click on the 'red ball' to get up2date items, I am having trouble. The download appears to work OK when I select the updates, they DL and install. My problem is with the 'kernel' - it appears to DL just fine, but the 'installing' process never completes - i.e. after an hour and no indication of it starting to install, I finally had to do a 'force quit'. So, any suggestions on why the kernel will not install?

BTW, when I look at the kernel package it shows '0 kb' and also under 'arch' 'i686'. IS this proper since I see the 'i386' on other items being DL?

Bob

Linux Guru
    i686 items are appropriate only for Pentium II processors or better. i386 items should be those which are the same for all x86 architectures, which includes lots of files.

Just Joined!

i686 Question

Thanks for the info - then seeing i686 should be acceptable to my Pentium III Dell unit?

I'm still not able to fully update Fedora Core 1. If I try installing one or two rpm's at a time, they seem to DL and install, but not the whole update package which is disconcerting since I could do tha tin RH 9. I'm using cable modem, so there shouldn't be a problem with speed, etc.

Bob

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close