Find the answer to your Linux question:
i try to compile kernel, i have 2 question 1) guiconfig of kernel 2.6.7 don't use xwindow but use qt. each option has check box that has two mark, correct ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

question from newbie about kernel 2.6.7

i try to compile kernel, i have 2 question

1) guiconfig of kernel 2.6.7 don't use xwindow but use qt. each option has check box that has two mark, correct and dot.
    dose dot mark is to use that option as module ?

2) in other version of kernel that use xwindow for guiconfig. it has configure.help that can opened by text editor.
    what file of kernel 2.6.7 that like configure.help that can read describe with out use guiconfig ? or it separated in to several file
    thanks very much

Re: question from newbie about kernel 2.6.7

Quote Originally Posted by garliver
    1) guiconfig of kernel 2.6.7 don't use xwindow but use qt. each option has check box that has two mark, correct and dot.
    dose dot mark is to use that option as module ?
    Yes, an "correct" means "y(es)" (in kernel), and a "dot" means "m(odule)". (and an empty box is "n(o)" ).
    btw, In the 2.6 series the are _two_ graphical configs, "xconfig" and "gconfig" - but both have the basic same usage

Quote Originally Posted by garliver
    2) in other version of kernel that use xwindow for guiconfig. it has configure.help that can opened by text editor.
    what file of kernel 2.6.7 that like configure.help that can read describe with out use guiconfig ? or it separated in to several file
    thanks very much
    The "make xconfig" and "make gconfig" should show those "help" text in the right bottom panel/frame when selecting an config option - I'll take a look and see if I can find the file.
    Regards Scienitca (registered user #335819 - http://counter.li.org )
    --
    A master is nothing more than a student who knows something of which he can teach to other students.

Just Joined!
    thanks you very much